Five Lifetimes, One Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion for the relationship between Kurosaki Ichigo and Kurosaki Orihime (née Inoue)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors

Go down 
+2
kitsuru
Waterbendy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Waterbendy
Fuku Taichou
Waterbendy

Female
Number of posts : 421

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors Empty
PostSubject: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:07 am

Me being the theater brat that I am, I was utterly disappointed by the lack of musical/play discussion on this thread. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors 666106 But, here we go. xD

Last year our high school did a production of my second favorite(non-Bleach, of course Razz) musical, Little Shop of Horrors. I didn't try out, as last year I was extremely shy and scared to talk to new people, much less perform onstage in front of hundreds of people(no joke, our school's productions are that popular). I did go see it on the first showing, and I must say we did a pretty good job. :amuse: My mom commented that the cast was quite talented to only be in a school production.

So this year, our school made our director do something for the musical that was non-horror(every production he's done since he came to our school two years ago has been horror-themed xD), so he chose the romantic-comedy, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. This year I've become a lot more social and confident in myself, so I am going to be trying out this year. I really hope I don't get the main part; just my luck I'm going to just because I have a good memory and follow directions easy; nothing ever goes the way I want it to. ;__; xD

So, whatchu guys think? About these two great musicals? Like 'em? Hate 'em? Never heard of 'em? Wanna wish me luck? X'DD
Back to top Go down
http://waterbendy.deviantart.com
kitsuru
Supah Dupah Kitsuru GO!
kitsuru

Female
Number of posts : 2621

PostSubject: Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:39 pm

I've never heard of the first, but I love Little Shop of Horrors. I was Audrey II in my camp's production of it, years ago. It's one of my favorite plays.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm not going to wish you luck, because I don't want to jinx you, so... break a leg! No, break two, and an arm as well. :amuse:
Back to top Go down
Hashu
Plus

Male
Number of posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Wow, Little shop of Horrors has been a favorite of mine ever since I saw the movie with Rick Moranis. Every so often, I'll get hungry, look at the fridge and say "Feeeed meee!" Not many people get it.

The high school I attended actually just did this for their spring musical. It was amazingly well done, and was a bit surprising given some of the more mature content that was involved. But, it was also the last show that the acting theater director was going to e doing before she retired. She likely got to have absolute freedoms in that regard. She had been the one that pushed for the school to have a program, and that was over 20 years ago!
Back to top Go down
EternalDream
IchixHime Numerologist
IchixHime Numerologist
EternalDream

Female
Number of posts : 5952
Location : The place with two seasons: Construction and Winter (ie: MI)

PostSubject: Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I've seen both movies (LOVE 'em), but I've never seen these in stage or theater. Shoot, I didn't even know they had theater-versions for them! O.O If there's ever a large-scale production of either, I'll definitely go see it. :D
Back to top Go down
Enelya87
KuboxAbe Canoneer
Enelya87

Female
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Oh I LOVE Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!!! I could watch it over and over again...oh wait...I do Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors 672224

But I've never seen Little Shop of Horrors or even heard of it, but will definitely put it on my To-See List.

I'm probably too late to wish you luck, but tell us how it went!!! I used to be in plays in high school and twice ended up in a main role when I didn't want it (so I feel your pain Razz ). And it wasn't particularly because I was good...but more because my school was tiny, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://enelya87.livejournal.com/profile
Bre_0
Quincy
Bre_0

Female
Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Enelya87 wrote:
Oh I LOVE Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!!! I could watch it over and over again...oh wait...I do Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors 672224

But I've never seen Little Shop of Horrors or even heard of it, but will definitely put it on my To-See List.

Teehee, it is reverse for me. I have seen Little Shop a number of times, it is great!

But have only seen bits of Seven Brides. You would think been an classic movie junkie and loving old romantic comedies, I would have, but sadly no...

Though, I do hear it is good Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors 637488

Good luck Waterbendy with your audition! Go for it and rock the house! Let us know if you get it! ::
Back to top Go down
http://tmi.gunlovingdwarfchick.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors   Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors Empty

Back to top Go down

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Little Shop of Horrors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Five Lifetimes, One Love :: ENTERTAINMENT & SOCIALIZATION :: Musicals and Straight Plays-
Jump to: