Discussion for the relationship between Kurosaki Ichigo and Kurosaki Orihime (née Inoue)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Scarecrow X Dorothy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SerenelySweet666
Vaizard

Female
Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Hey ya'll. Remember that old movie, the Wizard of Oz?  :40:  Well I was re-watching it, and suddenly realized there is some very interesting tension between Dorothy and the Scarecrow! HEHEHEHEHE....
He was her first friend and the one Dorothy "missed most of all" when she left. And the way Dorothy killed the Wicked Witch because she set Scarecrow on fire...the witch also threw a fireball at him earlier in the movie ("Hey Scarecrow, wanna play ball?" lol)..it sorta makes me think she was targeting him. Because he was closest to Dorothy? It's a plausible explanation.
The filmmakers also confirmed there was supposed to be a small romance between them in the original script but they tossed it out. However, in a deleted scene on DVD Scarecrow sings to her "then perhaps I'll deserve ya and be even worthy of ya if I only had a brain", leaving evidence of this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (skip to 3:34)
WHADDYA THINK?!  :zomgawd:   I never thought of Dorothy & Scarecrow like that when I was little (too creepy) but now that I'm older, I can't ignore this special connection between the characters and what a cute couple they would make. Is a bag of hay and a teen girl too weird an idea? Maybe Dorothy should start something with that real-life version of Scarecrow, that Hunk farmer guy? SO CUTE!  :lovelove: 

Back to top Go down
Ultima
Quincy

Female
Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Wow, I never thought about it when I was a kid...    but ... well it's not that bad an idea now that i think of it. they are friends.. It's cute!   
Back to top Go down
SerenelySweet666
Vaizard

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Thank you!!    Yeah, they do have a close friendship. The Scarecrow is my favorite character, I'm impressed by people wanting intelligence. He's so adorable with his clumsy, over-joyful attitude. <3
I usually only stick to anime and videogames when shipping but this old-@ss movie I've always watched as a kid contains an OTP I never knew was there. Him and Dorothy act like best friends always so polite and clingy with eachother. I LOVE IT! It's refreshing from all these other stunted drama-filled relationships.
It's bizzare I know--a naive talking scarecrow with an overly innocent girl--but I don't ship anything else in the Wizard of Oz. XD
Back to top Go down
Batwings4
Plus

Female
Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 am

I remember the Wizard of Oz.   I seriously never thought of Dorothy and the Scarecrow like that though...  I did read somewhere that there was supposed to be have a little thing going on in the old script but I was still surprised.    They just seem like such asexual characters to me, you know?
Back to top Go down
SerenelySweet666
Vaizard

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:09 am

I agree Batwings4, the characters in the Wizard of Oz are pretty sexless. The Scarecrow's a bag of straw for crying out loud. I'm not saying I want the nasty going on with him and Dorothy (EWWW, NO!!!   ) only that I like the idea of an innocent romance between them, heehee. THAT'S IT!! I'm not about to kill everyone's childhood here.
...But why the hell not, now that I've mentioned it?  Twisted Evil 
That stupid show Robot Chicken (you know, the one on Adult Swim?) made a parody of Wizard of Oz. It's really f*cked up, but I kinda felt smug that the writers made a nasty thing going on between the Scarecrow & Dorothy hehehehe. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tossing that garbage aside, here's my favorite highschool play of the Wizard of Oz. The writers added a lot of funny stuff in the story, but I freakin love how they added little hints between Dorothy & Scarecrow. You can so tell they're shippers! XD [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
phoenixrider21
FLOL Five Star Member

Male
Number of posts : 1146

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:51 am

Lol so I guess I'm the only one to think of them right during childhood? Tho not the obsessed shipping, but whenever I think of some stories, I think of the couple that's most "possible" to happen. But maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
SerenelySweet666
Vaizard

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 am

What, you thought of them during childhood!? Wow, you're smarter than I was.    I always liked the Scarecrow (especially the one played by Ray Bolger) but I just never took the hint of romance between him & Dorothy because of my young cootie-fearing mind. It's only a few years back that I started questioning their closeness. I'm very glad the idea isn't that far-fetched to you.   
Back to top Go down
Batwings4
Plus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:40 am

Did you know there's a new movie coming out called "Dorothy's Return: Oz" or something like that? I saw the trailer and it's a CGI, looking very fairly similar to the 1939 Wizard of Oz. The Scarecrow is dressed up in some military-style attire. lol. I think he became King of Oz by the wizard... It looks like an interesting cartoon to see.
Back to top Go down
SerenelySweet666
Vaizard

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:29 am

Oh my God, are you serious?!    That's so cool, the Scarecrow dressing up as a soldier! XD I saw the trailer right now. It looks a bit odd..but I'm happy for any Wizard of Oz movie coming out.
I just wish there was more adaptions following the 1939 characters, looks, and personalities. That portrayal as my favorite and will always be the official in my head.   
Back to top Go down
Batwings4
Plus

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Mon May 12, 2014 6:05 am

The new movie Legends of Oz came out! *spoiler* There's not much shippy moments but there IS a scene where Scarecrow and Dorothy hug. Wink
Back to top Go down
SerenelySweet666
Vaizard

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 am

Oh my God, REALLY!?    Thank you! I'm so lame, getting excited over DorothyxScarecrow moments. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarecrow X Dorothy?   

Back to top Go down

Scarecrow X Dorothy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1