Five Lifetimes, One Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion for the relationship between Kurosaki Ichigo and Kurosaki Orihime (née Inoue)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Musicals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heroesfan86
FLOL Five Star Member
Heroesfan86

Female
Number of posts : 3892

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 pm

I thought we needed this since one of us is bound to love RENT, Tommy, In the Hieghts or Spring Awakening.

Do you like them? If yes, why then?
Back to top Go down
Lady Orihime
Goddess Bitch & Founder
Goddess Bitch &                           Founder
Lady Orihime

Female
Number of posts : 6541

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:11 pm

I love RENT. The first time I saw it was in 2003 with Constantine Maroulis as Roger (who later rised to fame with American Idol)

I also love
Roméo et Juliette, de la Haine à l'Amour
Romeo en Julia, van Haat tot Liefde
Romeo und Julia, das Musical
Roméo i Juliette, ot nenavist do Lubvi
Autant en Emporte le Vent

Bye Bye Birdie
Jesus Christ Superstar (which I saw live with the late Carl Anderson, who played Judas in the original film version)
Grease
Les Misérables
Starlight Express

Miss Saigon
Mamma Mia!
Wicked

Bolded ones I've seen live :amuse:

As to why I like them, they incorporate my favorite type of music into my favorite past time - going to see musicals! Rock Musicals 374403
Back to top Go down
http://ladyorihime.livejournal.com/
Heroesfan86
FLOL Five Star Member
Heroesfan86

Female

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Lady O do you think they will make a film based on Spring Awakening because I loved the soundtrack but I didn't get to see it on Broadway.

It's coming of age story based on the play by Frank Wedekind. It's set in the 19th century and it is about teenage sexuality and how it is bad to keep secret from your kid. I'm pretty sure yaoi fangirls will like it because there is subplot about two boys named Hänschen and Ernst. Those are the only two in the whole play who get a happy ending.

I read the orginal play in a book so that's how I know what happens
Back to top Go down
Lady Orihime
Goddess Bitch & Founder
Lady Orihime

Female

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:36 am

You can probably catch it on tour.
Back to top Go down
kitsuru
Supah Dupah Kitsuru GO!
kitsuru

Female
Number of posts : 2621

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:22 pm

RENT is one of the few things I worship almost as much as the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster. :not: :not: :not:

Also, Wicked is pure, unadulterated, foaming-fangirlyness-inducing Wicked-ness, second only to the actual book. It's monday, I can't think of any better words. Rock Musicals 435489

By the way, for fellow fans of Elphie and co...

I've also seen Grease, Mamma Mia, Little Shop of Horrors (both live on tour and from inside of the plant costume at my old camp), others that are escaping my Monday-inflicted brain at the moment, and most recently Spamalot. :amuse:

Spring Awakening is coming around here, so I'll have to see if I can get tickets. ::
Back to top Go down
Heroesfan86
FLOL Five Star Member
Heroesfan86

Female

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Lady Orihime wrote:
You can probably catch it on tour.

I can't catch it on tour because I live in New York City.
Back to top Go down
Lady Orihime
Goddess Bitch & Founder
Lady Orihime

Female

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Boston is about 4 hours away, and Baltimore is about 3 hours.

I've seen shows like "CATS" and such tour in Schenectady, Syracuse, Buffalo, Utica, Brookville, Elmira, Binghamton, Brooklyn, etc. all in New York

It all matters on where the show is playing, and how far you're willing to travel. You turn 18 next year, so I don't see any reason why you can't travel, besides not having the money and/or the show not being only a couple hours away
Back to top Go down
Waterbendy
Fuku Taichou
Waterbendy

Female
Number of posts : 421

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:06 pm

*le gasp!* Lady O! When you went to see CATS, did you see it on Broadway? If so, do you remember a short little man by the name of Taylor (his last name) playing a short, fat little cat in the musical? He was the director at our school till two years ago. :amuse: ...just a fun little fact. xD (I can tell you our auditorium was overflowing when he did a production of Grease)

Anywho, back on topic...rock musicals, well, rock. Rock Musicals 1632 I've seen a whole bunch, but I still haven't seen the Bleach ones, though, oddly enough. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://waterbendy.deviantart.com
Heroesfan86
FLOL Five Star Member
Heroesfan86

Female

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Waterbendy wrote:
Anywho, back on topic...rock musicals, well, rock. Rock Musicals 1632 I've seen a whole bunch, but I still haven't seen the Bleach ones, though, oddly enough. Sad

You can see clips of them on youtube Waterbendy and from what I saw never make an action story into a musical. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lady Orihime
Goddess Bitch & Founder
Lady Orihime

Female

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:18 am

Waterbendy wrote:
*le gasp!* Lady O! When you went to see CATS, did you see it on Broadway? If so, do you remember a short little man by the name of Taylor (his last name) playing a short, fat little cat in the musical? He was the director at our school till two years ago. :amuse: ...just a fun little fact. xD (I can tell you our auditorium was overflowing when he did a production of Grease)

I never saw it on Broadway. Just the tours. Productions change cast members frequently for this show, so how long was he in it? Do you know his first name? Is it Jonathan or Owen?

I can't stand the Japanese making musicals out of manga and anime. It's just to weird O_o;
Back to top Go down
kitsuru
Supah Dupah Kitsuru GO!
kitsuru

Female
Number of posts : 2621

Rock Musicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Musicals   Rock Musicals EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Lady Orihime wrote:
I can't stand the Japanese making musicals out of manga and anime. It's just to weird O_o;

I thought it would be weird too at first, too, but I watched the first one and it wasn't too bad (sure, it was odd, but in a good way IMO). A lot of characters were retconned (Everyone at the shoten other than Urahara were replaced by Hollows (although Yoruichi showed up at least in the last one), Kuukaku was mentioned but never shown, and Ishida was out completely along with Ganju and Hanatarou) and the plotline was changed a bit, but it's really not bad at all. They even found a way to bring in Rukia's artistic tendencies.

Heroesfan86 wrote:
You can see clips of them on youtube Waterbendy and from what I saw never make an action story into a musical.

The entire first musical, Saien, is up and subbed, not just clips (although it is, of course, split into sections). Here's where Orihime and Chad first awaken their powers, along with Ichigo fighting the Menos: