Discussion for the relationship between Kurosaki Ichigo and Kurosaki Orihime (née Inoue)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

No One Mourns The Wicked...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kitsuru
Supah Dupah Kitsuru GO!

Female
Number of posts : 2621

PostSubject: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 am

Well, I just got back from seeing Wicked. It was my second time seeing it, but I loved it just as much as I did back then. Although I still wish that they hadn't changed the book as much as they did in some parts...

Spoiler:

But the acting and singing was great. Donna Vivino (Elphaba) and the woman who played Glinda (I can't remember who it was, she was one of the understudies) were phenomenal, although the latter started off a bit shaky... admittedly, though, that might have just been the character. But after popular, she seemed to get the hang of it.

And Defying Gravity... it just took my breath away. I actually cried at the end of it, it was so amazing.

Richard Blake (Fiyero) didn't do as well as he could have, I think. It seemed to me that he was trying to channel Link from when he had played him in Hairspray, and the serious parts just seemed a bit silly more than anything else. And Dancing Through Life... eh, he could have done that better too. I'm not saying that he was bad, he just could have done better.

Lenny Wolpe (The Wizard) and Myra Taylor (Madame Morrible) were both great. Particularly the former, who really channeled his Broadway performances of this musical.

Kristine Reese (Nessarose), Ben Liebert (Boq), and Paul Smith were all great. Although Reese took a bit of time to settle into the role, it seemed. But in her last scene, she was fantastic.

As always, the thing that really strikes me about this play is the ensemble. Maybe it's just all of the times that I played Unnamed Chorus member #18 in my high school plays, but every ensemble member really seemed to make it believable, to me. Not to mention that, while the singing in Dancing Through Life wasn't the best, the dancing itself was amazing. And One Short Day had me grinning like a lunatic with how wonderfully fun it was.

By the way, I heard that they're making a film adaptation of Wicked. Any thoughts on this?

Here's a picture of me in my new Defy Gravity Shirt (XX-large size, which makes me tempted to start being bulimic. Why did they have to have these be designed by supermodels in New York, exactly?!).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EDIT: And apparently, my cat wanted to go too...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Heroesfan86
FLOL Five Star Member

Female
Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:42 pm

I saw it for the second time in the summer of 2008. Although, it's a nightmare to get weekend tickets.
Back to top Go down
nocturnal_shadow
FLOL Donator
FLOL Donator

Female
Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:51 pm

I would love to go see it, but with school and work I don't think I'll ever get a chance to see it. Sad It's currently playing in Chicago (I think...unless they've already started touring again) and my boyfriend said he might take me to see it but that doesn't look like it's going to happen this year. *sigh* I'm hoping to be able to see it before they stop doing it all together!
Back to top Go down
kitsuru
Supah Dupah Kitsuru GO!

Female

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:42 pm

nocturnal_shadow wrote:
I would love to go see it, but with school and work I don't think I'll ever get a chance to see it. Sad It's currently playing in Chicago (I think...unless they've already started touring again) and my boyfriend said he might take me to see it but that doesn't look like it's going to happen this year. *sigh* I'm hoping to be able to see it before they stop doing it all together!

It's still relatively new (and very popular, despite the economic situation the theatre was pretty crowded), so I don't think it'll be stopping for a while. You still have a lot of time to see it, I bet. :amuse:
Back to top Go down
nocturnal_shadow
FLOL Donator
FLOL Donator

Female
Number of posts : 2251

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:54 pm

kitsuru wrote:
It's still relatively new (and very popular, despite the economic situation the theatre was pretty crowded), so I don't think it'll be stopping for a while. You still have a lot of time to see it, I bet. :amuse:
Hurray! I'm hoping to see it sometime within the next year. Maybe I can convince my boyfriend to take me to see it for my birthday...
Back to top Go down
Fate & Love
FLOL Five Star Member

Female
Number of posts : 1136

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Oh! I saw ads for this and wanted to see it but I missed it. I bought the book though! But I haven't finished it yet (too busy)...
Back to top Go down
kitsuru
Supah Dupah Kitsuru GO!

Female

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Fate & Love wrote:
Oh! I saw ads for this and wanted to see it but I missed it. I bought the book though! But I haven't finished it yet (too busy)...

Finish it, and then pick up the sequel. Both are amazing! :amuse:
Back to top Go down
hibasface
Taichou

Female
Number of posts : 458

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:23 pm

It's my favorite musical by far. When I saw Defying Gravity for the first time, I cried too, kitsuru!! Though, No One Mourns the Wicked affected me the most. It was amazing to see Kristin Chenoweth's (I saw it when she was Glinda) perform that song since it required such an amazing voice range.

Yeah, the broadway ending was ...different. I definitely preferred the book's ending, but the musical had to appeal to the masses and the book's ending called for too much of a sequel, and there are no sequels on broadway.
Back to top Go down
Satphire
Seated Officer

Female
Number of posts : 321

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm hoping to see this musical for my birthday, so I just ignored all the discussion above. XD

All I can tell is that it's really good and...I see a cat. XDD
Back to top Go down
http://blunderingoaf.livejournal.com/
Spice3132
Vaizard

Female
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:36 am

I actually had the soundtrack before actually watching the play and feel in love with it. I actually went to see it in June of 2007 for my birthday in Chicago. And it was awesome! I actually wanted to go see it before the Chicago production closed (after who knows how many years) in January of this year but didn't get a chance to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~spice3132
Kian
Lazy Translator

Female
Number of posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 am

Apparently I'm going to see Wicked this Saturday.

I'm a little indifferent though considering I didn't really like the book all that much. By the time I got half-way through it I just couldn't take it anymore. But, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
http://aiyana-mrianth.deviantart.com//
Lady Orihime
Goddess Bitch & Founder
Goddess Bitch &                           Founder

Female
Number of posts : 6499

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:33 pm

I take it you found out that the musical was about about the same to the book as an apple is to an orange

hibasface wrote:

Yeah, the broadway ending was ...different. I definitely preferred the book's ending, but the musical had to appeal to the masses and the book's ending called for too much of a sequel, and there are no sequels on broadway.

Yes there is

Spoiler:

Avatar and Banner by nimylu [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Lady Orihime on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ladyorihime.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No One Mourns The Wicked...   

Back to top Go down

No One Mourns The Wicked...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1